A follow up to “My PCOD Story”
October 2, 2018
This is for the benefit of everyone who has been asking me suggestions on a PCOD diet plan. Rather than following a strict diet I’m a believer of sustainable diet. PCOD is a lifestyle disorder and the logical cure is to embrace a healthy lifestyle and follow it incessantly. I’m not a doctor or dietician and what worked out for me might not work out for you. This is a routine I created for myself based on my likes and dislikes. This has resulted in gradual weight loss and overall well-being as well, so I continue to do it till date.
- Start your morning by drinking methi (Fenugreek seeds) water. Soak a handful of methi seeds in a bottle of water overnight. Drink it as soon as you wake up. One litre is recommended. Methi water is bitter. So you could start with a glass and gradually increase the quantity.
- Try to include lots of fruits and vegetables in your diet. I find sprouts and salads boring. Eat homely food cooked with all Indian spices, masalas and locally available vegetables, as much as possible. Try to eat atleast one fruit per day.
- Please eat your carbs. Red rice, roti, breads. It is mentally and physically taxing to avoid carbohydrates from your diet entirely. Eating in moderation will do no harm.
- Drink 3l of water during the day (from 6am to 6pm).
- 1 hour of cardio activity every morning is recommended. The more you sweat the better.
- Try to finish your dinner by 7pm. I eat boiled green gram sauteed in Indian masalas for dinner. This also means that you go to sleep early before you feel hungry again. I wrap up my day around 9.30- 10pm tops.
- Bonus tip: If you have a problem to solve, first step is to get to know more about it. Read as much as you can. Books, internet, videos, plenty of information is available online and offline. I have read, “The Great Indian Diet” by Shilpa Shetty Kundra and “The PCOD Thyroid Book” by Rujuta Diwekar couple of times. In fact, I keep going back to them if I have a hunch of relapse.
Hope this helps. Also Read “My PCOD Story here”